Beheaded Already

Nasreddin; Beheaded Already
14. Beheaded Already
There were several soldiers who had just come back from a battle. Some of them went to a food stall and told the others about his bravery and manliness in the war. Nasreddin was one of the listeners.

One of the soldiers said, “I swung my sword left and right, many enemies fell down and died at once.”

The listeners clapped their hands. The soldier looked very proud.

“Your story reminds me of something!”, Nasreddin shouted.

“What’s that?”, asked one of the listeners.

Nasreddin said, “In the last war I thought, I swung my sword toward my enemy’s legs. He was also dead at once.”

Then the applause came to him. Suddenly one of the soldiers asked, “Why didn’t you just behead him? It’s much greater for the warrior.”

“That’s impossible,”, Nasreddin answered quickly.

“Why?”, asked the other.

“My comrade had done it before I did.”, answered Nasreddin.

Post a Comment

0 Comments