Visiting Keji Village in Ungaran District, Semarang

Being part of the Student Activity Unit – Communication at the college was my choice to channel my hobby and interest. I was second generation in 2009 at that time and Student Activity Unit – Communication was still new. It was divided into two division: journalist division and broadcasting division. Due to I studied at English faculty and had a lot of tasks in journalist, so I chose to be in broadcasting division. Beside being secretary at Student activity Unit – Communication and radio broadcaster, I also assisted in the KPI (Indonesian Broadcasting Commission) Broadcasting Licensing. It was my lucky, ANTV, one of television station in Indonesia helped Student Activity Unit – Communication in its education, especially for broadcasting division. Until one day, in 2009, we had a chance to visit and conduct coverage at Keji Village, located in Ungaran District, Semarang.

'Jaran eblek' dance at Keji Village, Semarang
'Jaran eblek' dance at Keji Village, Semarang

How did we get there?

It’s still located in Semarang but in the district area. How we got there was a little bit difficult. We drove a motorcycle to get there. I drove my motorcycle and take one person with me. It seemed easy when I drove down the main street in Ungaran District. It started to get difficult when I and my friends from Student Activity Unit – Communication entered a gate, the alley headed for the village of Keji.

We entered that gate to reach Keji Village. We began to stay away from Ungaran main road and began to enter and explore to find Keji Village. Firstly, we began to feel lost because we almost entered the forest and were far from houses. We went back to find somebody to ask about the way to reach Keji Village. Luckily, we did not get lost. We were on the right way. It was just a small forest that we had to get by to achieve Keji Village. We together went back to the forest and it was easy to reach Keji Village.

What was the place look like?

Arriving to that Keji Village, we were welcomed by traditional dancing, 'jaran eblek' dancing. I and my friends were very enjoying it. We followed to dance 'jaran eblek' together.

The place was so cool here. I need to wear my friend’s sweater to warm me. Appropriate to the name as village, it’s still natural and people here were like common people in the village. Most of their houses were still made from wood. Besides, it was still green because there were so many trees and plants surrounding it. I could feel the fresh air as well as breathe for oxygen.

What we were doing?

We conducted coverage here and enjoyed it as our holiday and vacation. I did not directly go back home after the show finished. Dancing 'jaran eblek', watching traditional music such as gamelan, and watching traditional games such as 'enggrang' which were easily played by boys there. It was difficult to play 'enggrang' for common people. We need to practice more and accustomed to playing it.

We did not forget to document it. Taking many pictures to be used as our report after coming back. I’m so very happy to be a journalist.

What we got after visiting Keji Village was education from experience. We learn many traditional dances, music, and games. Nice experience I got from how I got Keji Village. My journey with friends of Students Activity Unit – Communication in 2009.

Post a Comment

0 Comments