The Moon and the Sun

Nasreddin; The Moon and the Sun
15. The Moon and the Sun

Nasreddin was chatting with his friends. He asked his friends, “Which is more important, the sun or the moon?”

“Both are important. None is more important than the other.”, his friend answered almost spontaneously.

“No, I think in general the moon is more important than the Sun.”, said Nasreddin.

“Is it? Why?”, one of his friends asked.

Nasreddin answered seriously, “Night is dark. So, people need light very much. Fortunately, there is a moon. It gives them the light. On the other hand, the day is very bright. I think people don’t need any light. So, they don’t need the sun.”

All of his friends laughed together.

But Nasreddin soon said further, “Night is dark. Maybe it is a problem for you. But, for me, it is not. Since I can see in the dark, for me night and day are just the same. So, both the moon and the sun are not important to me.”

One of his friends asked, “If it is true, Nasreddin, why do I sometimes see you walking with a light at night?”

“Oh, that’s only to prevent somebody from hitting me.”


Post a Comment

0 Comments