Indonesian Rice Porridge as My Morning Breakfast

I used to love to consume Indonesian rice porridge before school in the morning. It was my simple breakfast which was simply got in the early morning. In my village, Indonesian rice porridge is well known as marrow porridge (bubur sumsum). Till today, it is one of my favorite food which is delicious, healthy, and cheap. 

Indonesian Rice Porridge
Indonesian Rice Porridge as My Morning Breakfast

It was about 1997 and I was 7 years old, I loved to hang out after school and often meet the woman seeling bubur serabi, that was kind of marrow porridge with pancakes as serabi on it.  

The woman was walking by carrying a basket on his back. Porridge, small pancakes or serabi and kinca as syrup were in her basket. It was only cost 100 rupias per small portion.

It continued when I was in junior high school and my step brother was in elementary school. I couldn't cook for our breakfast before school. I found that there was sombody who was selling marrow porridge in early morning. She was the old woman who stayed near by my village and still closed to my family. 

I bought 2 marrow porridges and 2 tempe bacem. My step brother who loved to buy outside and love to wait him for coming back bringing my order. 

It was really cheap with the cost 2,000 rupias per portion at that time. Besides, it is kind of healthy and delicious food. 

Today, I try to make Indonesian rice porridge by myself. I plan to make it as one of my cafe menu later. Here is how I make my own marrow porridge;

Indonesian Rice Porridge

MARROW porridge

By: @Notedapurvero

INGREDIENT

PORRIDGE:

 - 100 gr white rice flour (ready to buy)

 - 1000 ml coconut milk from 1/2 coconut

 - 1 tsp salt

 - 1 pandan leaf, conclude

 SYRUP OF PALM SUGAR:

 - 250 gr brown/palm sugar, comb

 - 1 cup of water

 - 1 pandan leaf, conclude

 HOW TO MAKE:

  1. Porridge: Mix all ingredients together, and stir until smooth so that it doesn't clump later when cooked.
  2. Cook over medium heat while stirring until it boils and bursts.  Lift.
  3. Kinca: Mix all ingredients together, and cook until sugar dissolves.  Remove and strain.
  4. Serve the porridge with kinca.
Source: f@dapur Cantik

It was a simple dish of Indonesian rice porridge which can be gotten today by order here: f.me/laelasjourney.

Post a Comment

0 Comments