The Ring

Nasressin; The Ring
12. The Ring
One of Nasreddin’s close friend was a merchant. He often traveled away from his town. One day, he visited Nasreddin to say goodbye before he had a long trip. When he saw Nasreddin’s beautiful gold ring with a precious stone in it, he wanted to own it.

“Nasreddin!”, said he. “It’s really hard to be apart from you. I am always restless because you are my only close friend in this world. So, please give me your ring. Whenever I see your ring, when I am away, I will always remember you and feel close to you.”

The ring was his most valuable possession of Nasreddin. He would not give it to anyone else.

“I am so touched to hear it, my friend.” Nasreddin said, “Just like you, I can hardly be separated from you for a long time. So, please have a pity on me, Let the ring be on my finger. Whenever I see the ring during your trip, I will always remember my friend who has tried to have it but I did not allow him. Then I will always feel close to you too although you are away.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments