Narrative 2. Arrived at Jepara

At 9 pm I and Rika arrived at Jepara. I tried to call Mr. Wili but didn't answer. The street was so quiet and Mr. Wili didn't answer my phone yet. Fortunately, somebody helped us. He took us to the house near the mosque. I and Rika stopped at that mosque and took a prayer for isya' in that mosque.

An old man came by with his motorcycle. He came to the house near the mosque that I and Rika dropped in for pray. He's Mr. Basuki, one of employee who was assigned in Jepara as marketing.

Actually, I was really tired and wanted to take a sleep at that time. I remembered that Mr. Wili sent me a message that he asked me to sleep in room number one. It was enough to read and I didn't need to reply. I said to Mr. Basuki that Mr. Wili asked me to sleep in room number one.

Before, I and Rika had a dinner. Mr. Basuki and Rika went outside, while I chose to stay at home. After came back with two packs of fried rice, we had dinner together while Mr. Basuki didn't eat something at that time. He might be full.

Conversation was going on between Mr. Basuki and Rika. I became listener with fried rice on my hand and television in front of us at that time. It's not because I am uncommunicative, but I didn't like to talk too much with stranger. So, after finishing my dinner, I asked for leaving and taking a sleep in room number one with Rika.

Morning was approaching. At 2 am, my phone was ringing, reminded me to get up and took a pray, tahajud. I just woke up and switched off the phone and back to sleep. Rika woke up too and said, 'Why don't you get up, Sist?'. I didn't answer it and back to sleep till morning came.

It was time to pray dawn (subuh). I and Rika wanted to go out to take a pray in a mosque near the house. Unfortunately, the door was locked. I didn't see Mr. Basuki in the house so I thought that Mr. Basuki was praying in the mosque near the house. While waiting for Mr. Basuki coming back, I and Rika was sitting on the seat near the door. I tried to see from the window, I saw there was a car in front of the house. Suddenly, there was a woman outside peeked us from the window. She tried to open the door but didn't work. I said to her that the door was locked.

It had been long time I was waiting for the door opened. Finally, I saw Mr. Basuki with the man walked to the house I stayed in. He unlocked the door from outside. Mr. Basuki with two persons, man and woman came in. We sat for a moment, without saying anything I picked up my bag containing mukena, an equipment or hijab (clothe) that is used for pray. It meant that I wanted to take a pray first.

I and Rika went outside and prayed in a small mosque near the house. The mosque that I dropped in with Rika for pray isya' night before.

Back to the mosque, I went to the room with Rika. I tidied up the bed for a moment and put my mukena in my backpack then went out side from the room.

Three big glasses of hot tea were on the Mr. Basuki's desk. Two were in front of me and Rika and one was in front of Mr. Basuki.

Post a Comment

0 Comments