Learning Music

8. Learning Music

Nasreddin has been sitting at the corner of a crossroad for the whole day. The people passing by the crossroad were curious about what he was doing. One of them asked, “Nasreddin, why are you sitting here all day long?”
Relatedly he answered, “One day, there will be an accident here. If here that I cannot see the accident and what’s happening. Now, I’m here waiting for the accident and what’s happening. Now, I’m here waiting for the accident before the people come here. So, I would be able to see the accident.”
The people laughed at him.
“Where are you going?” asked Nasreddin.
One of them said, “We’re going to play music. Come on, let’s play together.”
Nasreddin refused their offer because he couldn’t play music. But he was ashamed to admit that he couldn’t play any musical instrument. He thought that he should take a music course.
So, the next day he went to the best music teacher in town.
“Sir, I want to learn music here. How much is the fee?”, Nasreddin asked the music teacher.
The teacher said, “My students pay me twenty thousand rupiahs for the first month and fifteen thousand for the second month and the rest.”
Nasreddin said, “All right. I’ll start learning music here from the second month.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments