Hot Soup

Nasreddin; Hot Soup
17. Hot Soup

Nasreddin was not very rich. But sometimes his wife asked him for something beyond his reach. That day, for example, she asked him to buy her a gold ring. Of course, Nasreddin could not buy it for her. His wife got angry.

In the evening, she made soup. She intentionally put so many chilies that the soup was too hot to eat. Of course, she did not tell her husband about it.

But a moment later, when the time for dinner came, she herself forgot about it and took a spoon of soup and sipped before Nasreddin took any. Of course, she felt too hot and tears came down her cheeks. She tried to hide it from her husband and said nothing.

“My mother used to make such soap for me. So whenever I make it. I always remember her, then I cry.”, answered his wife.

Nasreddin, without any suspicion, took a spoon and sopped it. He, of course, feel too hot, too, and his tears fell down from his eyes. His wife asked him, “Why are you also crying?”

He answered, “I am also very sad. When your mother died, why didn’t you follow her at once?”


Post a Comment

0 Comments