I Am Also Poor

Nasreddin; I Am Also Poor
20. I Am Also Poor
Nasreddin was a poor man. He lived in a shabby house. Whenever it rained, the roof was always leaking. So, he always had to climb a ladder to fix it. Since it was very difficult and dangerous, he had to do it carefully.

It was a sunny morning when Nasreddin was repairing the roof. An old man was walking in the street. He saw Nasreddin come down.

“There must be something important for me.”, thought Nasreddin. So he climbed down the ladder. He almost slipped many times that he might fall down. As he reached the ground, the old man said, “I am a poor man, Nasreddin. Please give me some money. I really need it.”

Nasreddin got very angry. But he repressed his anger and said, “ Go up the roof!”

He helped the old man get on the ladder. As the old man was already on the roof, Nasreddin, standing on the ladder, said, “I am also poor. I have no money either.”

The old man asked I am a poor man also. If you don’t want to help fix the roof, just climb down yourself. I’m sorry, I cannot help you either, “said Nasreddin.

Post a Comment

0 Comments