About Star


Zaka is learning coloring

A few weeks ago, I took off my nephew, Zaka to submit his task and took new task from his school. Accidentally, he's still in Kinder Garden level B. Because of covid-19 pandemic, all students had to take study from home, including my nephew. Consequently, he had to take his assignment and submit it back too once a week.

By bringing his student worksheets in his plastic bag, I took him off to the school. At 7 am to 8 am, we were waiting in front of the class because his teacher had not come yet. I opened his books and saw scores which was not marked by number but symbol. His teacher gave him score by using one star to four.

Page per page I opened it. I found stars mark in every pages. The same color streaks on page per page was four. Here, I said to my nephew, "How come it be? If I was your teacher, I would gave you only one star for this coloring task". He only kept silent and listening to me.

Before, I ever thought him coloring by full color technique. It means that my nephew can color the picture more beautiful. I thought that four stars which are given to his teacher made my nephew stuck on place because he had gotten satisfied mark with the perfect mark by color streaks as it is. He could get more than that if he gave his effort for that.

For me, it is better to give the child with the standard score. Even though he is still kid, giving four stars is not best way to educate the children. Give them appropriate score to the result and show the mistakes, then fix it. It will be better for him.

Written by Laela Mahmudah, S.S

Post a Comment

0 Comments