Stop Using Affiliate Marketing!

Affiliate Marketing
Stop Using Affiliate Marketing


Do you know what is affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketing)

There are four core players in affiliate marketing. They are the merchant, known as the advertiser or retailer or brand, a network that contains offers for the affiliate to choose from and also takes care of the payments, the publisher, known as the affiliate, and the customer. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketing)

This time, I will tell you about my experience in joining affiliate marketing. The story began with the impact of using the social media name facebook. I found my campus friend who shared a Facebook status to get a free e-book about earning money from the internet. I forget what the title is. I tried to share it and then get an email notification day by day from the post link I shared. Till I linked to the circle that I mentioned as a business circle. 

I found one page, that is the 'Yuk Bisnis' fans page. I started to like and follow this page. I also tried to use the platform that was recommended by this page. First, I tried to use it for my own business. It means that I just upload my product photo to the platform. Day by day, I read some statuses and articles too which offered me to sell items that existed on this platform. It means that I became a reseller too for other products. I tried to upload others to my platform and shared my Facebook page so that my friends knew that I was selling something.

The system of this affiliate marketing is that;

First, I joined a platform on yukbisnis.com by registering an email account to log in.

Second, I built my own platform and sell my business product.

Third, I could be a reseller too without stocking products. It means that I sell something based on pictures available on the Yuk Bisnis platform. In every product, there was a percentage that I would get if there was any purchase. 

Four, I tried many ways to promote it by sharing a link to my Facebook page.

Fifth, How to buy is let customers click the link I shared on the Facebook page.

Finally, when I shared products and my friends wanted to buy them, they want to click it as well. They asked me to help them to process the purchase and finally, I must click the link I shared to buy the products.

I bought some products for my friends by clicking the link. I waited for a week for the percentage that I got from my selling products. I didn't get a notification yet, not in email or message. Till I choose to phone the administrator, but the administrator simply said that she won't pay for that.

Ok then, I said to myself. I started to close my platform and unsubscribe from every incoming email, especially from the yukbisnis.com platform. I stopped becoming resellers or affiliate marketing from this platform.

Goodbye then.

So, do you use affiliate marketing for selling? Stop it!

Written by Laela Mahmudah, S.S

Post a Comment

0 Comments