Deception of Voucher 1 million from PT Go-Jek

Deception of Voucher 1 million from PT Go-Jek
Deception of Voucher 1 million from PT Go-Jek

On Wednesday, April 22, 2020, there was somebody phoned me. He phoned in the afternoon when I was sleeping. He confessed that he’s from PT Go-Jek or PT Karya Anak Bangsa, name Ahmad Yulianda. Before he phoned me, there was a notification on my phone that said ‘notification from PT Go-Jek 02150551200 and +6281273496136.

After I received that notification, I got the phone from that number; +6281273496136. He explained that he’s from GOJEK or PT Karya Anak Bangsa. He explained that I got a voucher for the amount of 1 million. He wanted to transfer to my savings bank but I said that I didn’t have savings account at the bank. He offered again to transfer it to GoPay in the Gojek application but I said again that I never use GoPay for transactions. I said that I pay in cash for the Gojek transaction.

He tried another way again, that’s to send by OVO. I said to him that there was no OVO in the GoJek application. Then, he made a mistake with say Grab application. Then I said to confirm, ‘It is Gojek or Grab?’. He looked like he didn’t understand where he worked for. He said to me that it was the same and I didn’t care at all because I never use grab for my application.

Well, I started to be afraid that this was a kind of deception. He phoned me many times and asked me so much such as what’s app code, Tokopedia code, and many more. I had explained to him that it was not for sharing with others, even for customers. He forced me to give it and swore that he was from Gojek or PT Karya Anak Bangsa. Well, I gave my code to him. How stupid I was at that time. I picked up the phone which didn’t exist in my contact list at the time. I had just gotten up from sleep too.

Hour by hour he didn’t stop calling me and asked me for many kinds. Finally, He said to me that he wanted to transfer by bank. He asked me whether I use mobile banking or not and I said 'no'. He asked me back about how long to go to ATM nearby my house. I said about fifteen minutes. I said to him that I use BCA (Bank Central Asia) but it was not mine. I said it was my sister’s.

I made him angry but I ignored it because he disturbed me first. I remembered too that he asked me to go to the ATM, then I had to press this number; 70001, then input my number phone, then press OK, continue, press 691513, then the receiver. In short, the scheme is like this:
“70001_no hp_ok_continue_691513_receiver”
Till in the evening, he still phoned me. It was the last phone and I would not pick up again. The last, he still asked me about my savings bank but it didn't work well for him. Finally, he asked me to send it to GoPay but I had to buy or fill my GoPay to Alfamart 350.000 rupiahs first to get that money. Well, I switch off the phone for a day. When I switched it on, I made it in silent mode so that there was no ringing again. 

Besides, I had made a note of this but he phoned me many times so that I made sure that it was a kind of deception. Till checked a google search about this number and I find that the phone number was from Ahmad Yulianda. I found him on tellows.com and he often phoned for such as in this case, deception. Besides, I found from the Facebook page too that the customer service number was different from the notification.

However, I have stopped using the online application for ordering transportation. I prefer to call a taxi or take the bus for transportation. That’s quite simple. One of my juniors at the college ever suggest to do that; it's better not to use the internet. I thought that it was good and did well till now.

So, be careful of the strange incoming calls and do not straightly give your code or anything else that is secret and important to you.

Written by Laela Mahmudah, S.S

Post a Comment

0 Comments