Students Activity Unit of Communication


Student Activity Unit of Communication
Student Activity Unit Of Communication in Keji Village, Semarang District, Central Java.

In 2009, It's lucky for me to join in Student Activity Unit of Communication at Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang (UNIMUS). The place I took my bachelor's degree in literature or linguistics and I love to take this communication unit to distribute my interest in journalism.

I started my study at UNIMUS in 2009 after passing senior high school, but it's exactly as I graduate from vocational high school in fashion. In most cases, it is impossible for me or people who graduate from vocational high school to continue with a bachelor's degree, even to take a different major. However, I'd like to tell you how I am to be.

I graduated from vocational high school in 2009. Common people will continue to have jobs in garments to get money. This school is actually for people who are ready for jobs in industrial and mine in garments. Unfortunately, my choice was not like what people did, that is graduating from school, getting a job, and having a lot of money. I prefer to choose my future based on my passion which is to continue my study to get a bachelor's degree.

It was the best luck at that time because I was close to the administrator where I took study in vocational high school. Just called her Mrs. Anti (In Indonesia I called her Bu Anti). I ever met her on the bus and we have many talks so which made me close to her. Till there was a scholarship from Bank Muamalat to work together with DT Peduli at that time, Mrs. Anti offered and recommended me to join in that scholarship and I said 'Ok' as long as there was no complicated document I had to submit. 

Finally, I just need to submit my identity card and followed the test in City Hall, Semarang, Central Java with other friends. There were huge students there and I just thought 'Is it possible to me to pass this test?' with these hundreds of students in this building. Fortunately, I finished my test and waited for the announcement and I got it, I passed the test and get that scholarship and get weekly mentoring from that scholarship program.

From that mentoring, I got such as education and self-motivation for life. It made me choose to continue my study and make sure for myself that I can be. It's about confidence.

In 2009, I graduated from vocational high school and choose to continue my study. I didn't care about how and what people thought of me. I tried to believe in my wish. I applied to some universities, till finally I was accepted and joined UNIMUS (Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang), majoring in literature or linguistics through one-day service admission. Here, I took the Student Activity Unit of Communication to distribute my interest and hobby. I also took the Student Executive Board for Faculty because somebody recommended I join.

Both units; the Students Activity Unit of Communication and the Student Executive Board for Faculty had made me busy. Besides, my freelance as an English teacher after school had my time was full. However, for me, it was fine because I enjoyed it and felt happy.

Students Activity Unit of Communication gave me great experiences, even though it's new for this college. I started learning to build this with others. I got an important position as secretary at that time and I took radio broadcasting at that time. I didn't take journalism at that time because I thought that I had a lot of tasks from my faculty in writing, so I chose to take radio broadcasting for simplicity. However, I still had time to join journalism even though I was not part of them. I still could learn journalism and go out with them to look for news for articles.

For me, it's much happier when I can do and work based on my passion. I just make sure that I just want to be what I want to be, not what people want me to be.

Written by Laela Mahmudah,S.S

Post a Comment

0 Comments